Monday, January 23, 2012

Singing a Song of Hope


“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you have forgotten how it goes.” (Author Unknown)

When I read that quote I thought immediately of the Betty Brewer’s Angels volunteers! They sing the songs in their hearts to the lonely residents they visit and soon they are both singing!  We have witnessed so many residents who used to sit and stare but now with their own personal Betty Brewer’s Angel their mood and spirits are lightened.  Recently I saw a resident I had met once Before she had her own Betty Brewer's Angel visiting her. This resident looked so much better than the last time I saw her, and when I commented on the improvement to her, she told me it was because her Betty Brewer’s Angel had given her hope about life.  Now that is a song we can all sing….a song of hope!    If you know of anyone that would be interested in making a difference by spending only one hour per week visiting with someone in a long term care facility, please contact me. 614-309-4677 or bettybrewersangels@wowway.com.  Come join us!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment